WHAT TO EXPECT
The program includes weekly 2 hour sessions, usually on Saturdays or after-hours, for 8 weeks.
The first half of each session consists of practical and entertaining education tools that will expose your child to nutritional and behavioral changes. The second half is dedicated to a unique and comprehensive fitness training curriculum. Your child may as an option, participate in extra fitness sessions 2 times a week, after hours.
Upon completion of the 2 month program, parents have the option to continue in our Maintenance Programs designed to reinforce the core education acquired during
The Wellness Center
The program includes:
- Comprehensive medical exam by a Board Certified Pediatrician (physical examination, laboratory evaluation, diabetes prevention and other obesity associated comorbidities assessment)
- Referral for consultation by a Pediatric Subspecialist if the child has obesity associated medical issues
- The patient's primary care physician remains in charge of the patient. Regular updates on the patient's progress will be provided.
- Group assessment and education by a licensed RD (Registered Dietitian) and continual progress assessment of both child and parents
- Thorough group evaluation by licensed PhD in Psychology and ongoing follow up sessions and or groups
- Behavior modification
- Certified fitness experts
- Website allowing children and parents access to pediatric, nutritional and health care information, extensive reference data and content focused on childhood obesity
The Wellness Center
is committed to provide a solution to a growing and serious problem that threatens our children and their families futures and society.
The materials provided in this website are for informative purposes only. If you need specific information about the program or medical advise, please contact our office for an appointment. Our staff can provide a free measurement and discuss your children body mass index (BMI) and their health risk factors.
Notice of Privacy Practices at WELLNESS CENTER